Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the imposing frontage of Cocktail Glasses, Whiskey Decanter Set for Men Bird Champagne Gl near Turriff in Aberdeenshire; and a view of remote Loch Arkaig in the Western Highlands, said to be the hiding place of Jacobite gold.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Glamis Castle stands in open Angus countryside some four miles south of Kirriemuir. The word "splendid" could have been coined specifically to describe it. Never quite symmetrical, this is one of the most visually pleasing castles in Scotland. There is something about the massive central keep, the conically roofed corner towers, the central stair tower and, above all else, the roofline and turrets that makes this as near a perfect Scottish castle as you could imagine. ( More ...)
On This Day
18 November 1749: The death in London of Sir William Keith, who served as Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania and what is now Delaware.
18 November 1785: The birth near Cupar of Sir David Wilkie, a Scottish artist who made his name for his works depicting historical and religious subjects, though he also painted portraits and a range of other subjects.
18 November 1870: The first seven female undergraduates studying medicine at the University of Edinburgh are prevented from sitting an exam by the "Surgeons' Hall Riot".
18 November 1982: The South Ford causeway between SATINIOR 6 Pieces Women Harness Bra Elastic Cupless Cage Bra Str and South Uist is opened in a ceremony held in a severe gale.
Bloody Orkney by Ken Lussey (29 June 2021).
Bloody Orkney is a fast-paced thriller set in Scotland during World War Two. It’s November 1942. Bob Sutherland, Monique
Dubois and the Military Intelligence 11 team fly in to review security in Orkney, home to one of the most important and most
heavily defended naval anchorages in the world. But an unidentified body has been found. It becomes clear that powerful men
have things they’d rather keep hidden and MI11’s arrival threatens the status quo. Then Bob stumbles over a ghost from his
past and things get far too personal.
Glass Cutter, High Efficiency Glass Circular Cutter High Hardnes
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller Bloody Orkney.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- KoverRoos Weathermax 46450 Deep 3-Seat Glider/Lounge Cover, 89-I Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit UpBright 24V AC/DC Adapter Compatible with NEC A42406 NG-150642-
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.