Faculty of Natural Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
Faculty of Management & Social Science
Faculty of Languages & Communication Studies
Faculty of Agriculture
GENERAL REGULATIONS GOVERNING UNIVERSITY ADMISSION
- Candidates with sufficient qualifications for a proposed course of study may be offered admission to IBB University, provided they have reached the age of sixteen (16) on the first day of October in the year of their admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to the University for any Course of study must complete the appropriate application form obtainable from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Abuja (for Direct Entry or 200 levels) or take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME entry at 100 levels).
- For admission to ALL degree courses, candidates must satisfy the entrance requirements of the University. For certain degree courses, additional faculty or departmental requirements may have to be satisfied.
- Applicants who are offered places in the University will be required to submit to the Academic Office for scrutiny, all certificates and other acceptable documentary evidence of examination and age qualification.
- The University reserves the right to accept or reject an application for admission to any particular course of study in the University.
- The University reserves the right to withdrawal an offer of admission if at any time it is discovered that the results/certificates with which a candidate is offered admission is fake/forged.
Applicants who seeking admission to the University through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) may be admitted into the first year (100 level) of the 4/5 year degree programme provided that:
1. They have completed a full course of training in the Senior Secondary School (SSS) or in an approved college or institute of equivalent status.
2. They possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E.) National Examinations Council Certificate (NECO) or the West African School Certificate (WASC) or General Certificate in Education (GCE) through the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with passes at credit level in at least five subjects including Mathematics and English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
- The Teachers Grade II Certificate (for education courses only) with Credit/Merit in at least five relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
- NABTEB O’ level with Credits in at least 5 relevant subjects.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants with one or more of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by direct entry into 200 level of the 4/5 Year degree programmes:
- Two Credit passes at the advanced level and SSCE/GCE O’ level Credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Upper Credit at the National Diploma and SSCE/GCE O’ level credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Passes at credit level in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE /GCE O’ level credits or equivalent with five relevant subjects. Education is accepted as third A’ level subject for those taking courses in education.
- Two passes at minimum of C grade in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examinations or equivalent with SSCE/GCE O’ level, credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- A credit passes in Mathematics and English Language are required for all courses.