Dr. Ibrahim ABDULLAHI SMIEEE, MACM, MINNS, MCPN, MNCS, MISOC, MAITP, MNMS
H.O.D COMPUTER SCIENCE
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
Faculty of Management & Social Science
Faculty of Languages & Communication Studies
Faculty of Agriculture
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
PHILOSOPHY, AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose, aims and objectives of bachelors Degree program in Computer science include the following:
- To create in students the awareness and enthusiasm for computer science and its capabilities.
- To involve the students in intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying.
- To provide a broad and balance foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skills.
- To develop students through education in computer science as a range of transferable applicable skills of ICT to all aspects of human endeavours.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic technological and social contexts.
- To improve students with knowledge and skills necessary for further studies in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science.
In addition to the general requirements for admission into the University, candidates intending to study B.Sc. Computer Science must have fulfilled one of the conditions below;
UTME ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- A Candidate must have at least five (5) credits pass at O’Level, which must include English, Mathematics Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agric.
- A Candidate must have successfully completed Remedial course at IBB University in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In addition, candidates must satisfy JAMB requirements.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT (200 LEVEL)
Candidate with appropriate ‘A’ Level, HSC, IJMB pass in minimum of two relevant subjects may be admitted into the programme. Holders of OND, HND and NCE will also be considered. The 0’ level must include credit pass in English, Mathematics, Physics and any two of Chemistry, Biology/Agric science, Geography and Economics.