Entrepreneurship Intervention was introduced basically to create opportunities for students irrespective of their departments in the University system to acquire entrepreneurial skills and knowledge with the view of preparing them for life after school.
The Centre was established with various skills acquisition facilities to enable the students engage themselves and have hands on the training in various fields such as ICT, Fish Farming, Poultry farming, Ceramics, Cosmetics production.
The Centre was set up in 2014 with TETFund Intervention of N75,000,000 which involved the construction of the Centre and he Procurement of Sundry Entrepreneurial Skills Acquisition Training Equipment as follows:
- Procurement of Computers.
- Procurement of Ceramic Working Equipment.
- Procurement of Fish Farming Equipment
- Procurement of Poultry Equipment.
- Procurement of Cashew Juice, Cashew Nut Oil Processing Equipment (2013/2014/2015/2016) TETFund Intervention.
There is an ongoing TETFund Intervention N60,000,000 for the acquisition of Cashew Processing Facility to provide opportunities to students to acquire skills in modern food processing.